George P. Mitchell Energy Program Webinar Series to Return September 16
The George P. Mitchell Energy Program Webinar Series is scheduled to return on September 16, 2014 to discuss energy management for small and mid-size commercial office spaces. This is often an overlooked segment of buildings that has a tremendous amount of potential for energy efficiency improvements. This sector houses a majority of small businesses that are acknowledged to be major drivers of the US economy. These include buildings like food services, office buildings, strip malls, retail, lodging, mixed use development and places of worship. This sector is diverse and fragmented in nature and a majority of buildings are owner managed but very few are actually occupied by the owner. Small building owners lack the time and capital to spend on energy efficiency measures and there are very few resources and tools available to invest in energy assessment at these facilities.
For this webinar, in-house energy efficiency expert Satish Ravindran, CEM, PE and LEED GA, will discuss the energy efficiency opportunities in this market and the best strategies to take to significantly improvement energy management practices and reduce operating costs. Below are some of the key topics.
The webinar will talk about:
- State of the market and opportunities for energy efficiency in mid-size and small commercial buildings
- Barriers to energy efficiency deployment and what can be done to overcome barriers
- Strategies and methods to implement energy management programs and practices
- How to build capacity of commercial building owners to ensure long-term, sustainable building operation
- Methods to pay for energy efficiency upgrades
The series, The Last Energy Efficiency Frontier - Small Commercial Properties: How to Build Capacity and Implement Program, is scheduled on September 16, 2014, 10:00 a.m. CDT at attendee.gotowebinar.com.